CALL FOR VOLUNTEER IS CLOSED
Douala WordCamp is set for the 15th April 2017 on a Saturday.
We do love the WordPress community that is vastly growing around the continent. Volunteers help WordCamp to run smoothly and we need volunteers for this year’s Douala WordCamp 2017 to make it great. We give priority to our members, but you don’t necessarily have to be involved with WordPress as we would also love if you come and learn one or two things as a volunteer.
WHAT TO EXPECT?
Volunteers will get a free ticket to the event, a free t-shirt. One needs to be able to volunteer for at least 6 hours. Also, the exposure and the amazing experience of participating in the worlds most looked upon WordCamp event.
We need a total of 6 volunteers.
- 2 volunteers at the registration desk.
- You will have to arrive an hour earlier before the registration open to help in setup.
- Make sure the registration desk is neat and clean.
- Make sure walk ins pay at the gate.
- If someone is not at the attendance page write down their name and be able to make a tag for them at the next table.
- 2 volunteers for presentations.
- Operating presentation slides.
- Swapping between two presentation (A little video break).
- Graphic animation to present a speaker’s name on screen and topic.
- Making sure every presentation is well queued up.
- 2 volunteers for guiding in catering during meal times.
- 2 MC volunteers.
- Help set up the speakers’ equipment.
- Engage the guests in any way possible to make them feel comfortable.
To be a volunteer we require you to be energetic, to smile a lot and adhere to WordCamp Buea’s Code of Conduct.